Michael F. Price
Highly competent, strategic and diplomatic international Security Professional with a proven 33-year history of serving the nation and local community. Expertise spans the development and management of specialized intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance security protection programs focused on aviation, defense and homeland security requiring precise coordination and resourceful leadership within the U.S. Government, federal and foreign agencies, military services, and international organizations. As a U.S. Diplomat; congressional liaison and public affairs official, excelled directing, conceiving and implementing domestic and overseas operations and high-level multinational, multi-agency initiatives that required foresight, sound judgment, trusted integrity, technical competencies, strong risk/ reward decision making, a team orientation and exceptional leadership skills. Security Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI.
- Successfully leading Aerial Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) business providers, into new government, and corporate markets that were previously undiscovered.
- Director of flight operations, developing aviation protocol for a successful developmental Signal Intelligence Aviation Flight Program for a US company.
- Took a US Company to Central America and provided extensive UAV flight coordination and operational coordination with host nation and numerous US agencies. Provided Law Enforcement liaison that enabled the US Company to become a leader and first on the board supporting a LE UAS counter narcotic program resulting in record seizures of maritime conveyances of illicit contraband.
- A history of achievement as a trusted Law Enforcement Agent and Federal Law Enforcement Aviation manager specializing in safe and secure resource management of aviation assets for the Drug Enforcement Administration Aviation Unit (DEA). Including 9000 hours of Law Enforcement ISR flying and helicopter pilot in command flight time, and excess of 45,000 safe flight management hours.
- Empowered aviation leader of highly publicized Aviation Law Enforcement counter narcotic initiatives as “Op BAT” (Operation Bahamas and Turks and Caicos), and “Operation Snowcap” an Andean Nation Initiative.
- Recognized for expertise in international aviation law enforcement, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) practices, and support for the intelligence community.
- A record of success managing and concluding numerous high-profile federal investigations as well as providing comprehensive leadership and coordinating efforts between foreign, federal, state, and local government agencies concerning aviation security of agency personnel, aircraft, and facilities located throughout the southeastern United States and the Caribbean.
- Advanced commercial aviation safety/security certificates from the University of Southern California (USC), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS).
- Recipient of Distinguished Certifications from DEA, IATA and the coveted Certified Protection Professional (CPP) from ASIS. DEA Aviation Enforcement Supervisor of the year award (2006).
Business Development Aviation Resources Aviation Security/Safety Management
Aviation Flight Program Management Law Enforcement Liaison DoD/DOJ/DHS
Aviation ISR Product Research/Development Aviation Litigation Services
MP4 Aviation Security LLC, Pompano Beach, FL. December, 2008-Present
President and Lead Advisor, 2008-Present
· Skillfully leading, the implementation of Safety/Security Management Systems, and related disciplines.
· Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) End Game Logistic management.
· (ISR) Application and Business Development.
Director of SRT Aviation Services, Davie, FL March, 2012-Present
Chief Pilot October, 2009-March, 2012
· Providing a safe, reliable, professionally staffed aerial platform(s) for SR Technologies product research, system development, customer demonstrations, and customer requested aerial application of SR Technologies products, and technical services.
Drug Enforcement Administration Aviation Unit, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 2002 – December, 2008
Resident Agent in Charge, 2004-2008
- Act as Program Manager, holding full responsibility for providing effective leadership and supervision of 30 special agent investigator pilots and office administrative staff overseeing safe and secure operation (excess of 45,000 flight hours) of 20 complex, technically enriched aircraft throughout state of Florida and the Caribbean.
- Manage extensive technical inventory of multimillion-dollar, aviation-related equipment, plus monitor loss-prevention program.
- Conduct briefings and liaison activities in developing relationships with other government agencies, such as DHS, TSA, FAMS, and vendors throughout Florida and the Caribbean.
- Maintain communication with US Embassy and foreign DEA offices throughout the Caribbean, Central America, and South America.
- Coordinate high-profile, investigative missions utilizing all available aviation resources, with focus on maximizing productivity and unit security.
- Develop policy concerning security management systems and enforcement operations.
- Conduct threat assessment and global risk mitigation of aviation resources on a daily basis.
- Develop and coordinate workload of high-quality investigations and pursue innovative investigative techniques to achieve operational goals.
- Coach subordinates to develop their flight skills and qualifications for performing international investigations correctly and in accordance with agency policy.
- Manage office procurement processes, including international accounts and liabilities, and the development of office initiatives to increase productivity and accountability.
- Maintain skills and initiatives to support DEA’s Crisis Management Team, with activities including South Florida’s Regional Task Force and Super Bowl 2007 Aviation Security Subcommittee.
Drug Enforcement Administration Aviation Unit, Fort Lauderdale, FL. 2002 – 2008
Group Supervisor, 2002 – 2004
- Demonstrated sound judgment, trust, and leadership talents in supervising complex, dangerous, high-priority investigations.
- Managed 9 pilots and 5 complex, multi-engine aircraft in Caribbean theater of operations.
- Maximized productivity and program development of aviation resources.
- Created technical advances and applications of innovative aviation-enforcement techniques.
Drug Enforcement Administration Aviation Unit, Miami, FL / Nassau, Bahamas / Atlanta, GA /
Philadelphia, PA. Senior Special Agent Pilot, 1987-2002
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Graduate of the University of Southern California Aviation Security/Safety Management Program 2009
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP), ASIA Board Certification, February 2007 (Suspense 2011)
- IATA Airline Security Operations, Training Course, March 2007, Certificate of Distinction
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) Commercial Aviation Security Management Systems Training Course, September 2006, Certificate of Distinction
- B.A. Criminal Justice, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 1981
- Active member of ASIS International and participating member of Local Chapter 104. ASIS International is a worldwide association of security professionals that network and have the ability to receive extensive corporate security training.
- Emergency Response Management for Aviation Managers National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Project Management and Managing Multiple Locations Training
- Co-chair, Southeast Region Domestic Security Task Force (SERDSTF) Terrorism Response Plan-Aviation Annex, member of the Miami Super Bowl Aviation Security Committee
- Certified adult education instructor (State of Wisconsin)
- Flight Safety Trained and Type Rated in Beech King Air 350, 1900, and CASA 212
- 33 years of continuous law enforcement quarterly and annual training to include advanced management, advanced flight training fix wing and rotor, firearms, emergency medical technician (EMT), senior agent investigation training
Top Secret Government Clearance
Commercial Aviation regulations and policy concerning Security/Safety Management Systems
Aviation Litigation and Accident Investigation
Member of the International Society of Air Safety Investigators (ISASI)
Member of the Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA)
Law enforcement networking and contact development
Product application and documented implementation skills
Business development and integration of Security/Safety management systems
Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
Outstanding public relations and public speaking skills
Knowledgeable of global aviation regulations, including DHS, FAA, Annex 17, ISPARP, IATA, and ICAO
Technically knowledgeable of video/photographic surveillance equipment
Technically orientated concerning law enforcement and open source intelligence gathering
Commercial-rated multi-engine airplane and helicopter pilot, over 8500 flight hours, several type ratings
(Casa 212, King Air 350, and 1900)
Current second class FAA medical certificate